Tuesday, November 17, 2009
The No S Diet
For about 2 days I thought about doing my research paper on self-image, and focusing on various influences of self-image, but after requesting about 30 books on diets, self-image, confidence and self-esteem from my local library (oh, to have a picture of the face of the librarian checking me out. you could tell she wasn't sure if i needed an intervention of some sort) I decided to stick with my original topic. And now i have about 30 books on diets, self-image, confidence and self-esteem sitting around my house. The other day i picked one up that was short - "The No-S Diet" and gave the intro a read. Basically, the premise of this diet is to eat No Sweets, No Snacks, and No Second helpings on any days that do not begin with S (so really, you are can only eat sweets, seconds and snacks on saturday and sunday. oh! and special days, like birthdays. but no. you can not make wednesday a special day just to get around the rule. i checked). What tickled me was that after reading this claim in the intro, the writer pretty much said that was all we'd need to read and the only reason he wrote the rest of the book was for doubters who needed to have those rules spelled out ("what about holidays that coincide together? fast food? soda?, etc). Well, I decided to give it a try. I'm on day 5 of this No S plan, and it's hard to say how I'm feeling so far. I was sick all weekend and didn't even feel like eating, but I ate me a butterfinger just because i knew once i started feeling better i wouldn't be able to eat it until next weekend (this is why i usually fail at diets). But yesterday and today are going pretty well...when i eat, i make sure to take enough food to fill me up w/o over indulging knowing i won't be able to snack later. and i'm actually staying full. it's a weird feeling! instead of sitting in class dreaming of what to eat, i'm finding time to dream of other things. =) But, thanksgiving in next week and we'll see how I do then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanksgiving kills just about all diets I think. Too much good tasting but bad for you food. :) Hope it went well.
ReplyDelete