Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Not enough hours in the day...

or are there...I forget who mentioned the man who has "created" additional hours in his day by following a rigorous sleep schedule but I'm extremely tempted to read up on his methods and apply them to my daily life. There just aren't enough hours. I am a night owl, and with the kids running mayhem throughout the day it makes more sense for me to stay up late in order to study and complete assignments. But, then i'm still expected to be up in a timely manner the following morning in order to fulfill my dayjob as a mom. And remain on my A-game throughout the day. (I'm not going to lie. some days are not as good as others.) And still have enough energy to stay up late, in order to study. It's a vicious cycle. So...maybe i'll research this method of sleeping every three hours and see if it helps.

2 comments:

  1. It's worth looking into. I am curious to see how it has worked for other people. Being a mom is a full-time job and adding on any outside work, school, volunteering just makes our lives busier. We just need to balance and compromise and ease up on our need to do everything perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/4/15/103358/720

    There is the link. Uberman's sleep schedule it's called. If you try it out, I'd love to know how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete