Tuesday, October 6, 2009

interview

well, i'm back to the drawing board on this interview. I originally wanted to interview the families of Eckerts Orchards and find out the history behind the orchards, but i haven't been able to get a return email or call from anyone...I found a brief history on their website, but it doesn't really help (unless I make stuff up...) So, I'm back to figuring out what I want to do my essay about. I'd love to do an essay about Eleanor Roosevelt, but believe it or not I don't know anyone who knew her personally. (Shocking, I know) I'll have to think through that one.
I could do an essay around my Grandpa, and interview different family members. He was such an enigma - cantankerous, rebellious, quasi-abusive in his early years but then not so much by the time he was a grandpa...It might stir up more dirt than necessary.

2 comments:

  1. a little dirt stirred up can be fun...good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandpa certainly sounds like he would be an interesting subject but I can understand you not wanting to stir up dirt with your family.

    ReplyDelete