and yet, here I am. Of course, I should point out the reason behind this blog's creation is because I am required to keep a blog as part of my English course at SWIC, but still. I swore I'd never have a blog.
It's not that I have a personal vendetta against blogposts or bloggers - I truly enjoy reading my friends' bloggings, and I think it's actually because I read their posts that I have been so reluctant to begin my own. I read other people's accounts of their daily lives and it sounds so interesting - even the most mundane things seem exciting and quirky. Not that exciting and quirky things don't happen to me (today I found a quarter. that's a lie. i couldn't even think of an exciting or quirky thing that happened to me today...nope. nothing. i'll be on the lookout for it though!) it's just that the things that do happen to me are a little too personal to share with others (you thought I was going to put something here...i'm sorry but we just met), or so incredibly boring that to make them sound cool would be such a stretch of the imagination, bordering on "lies." So now I have a personal challenge: To find a way to journal about life in a way that sounds quasi-interesting, or to really be on the lookout for exciting things to happen. We'll see what happens....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! You are on top of your work. I am impressed that you have your blog started after the first day of class. You kept me reading...even if you didn't have super exciting things to say. You will find that you have more to "say" as we go along.
ReplyDeleteI always felt the same way as you about having a blog but your first post kept my attention, so I think you have a good start.
ReplyDelete